This Any Kind of Jam + Oatmeal Bars recipe was created and contributed by Becky Hoff, who says: “This recipe would work well with any kind of jam. One-and-a-half cups (12 ounces) of jam seems to be just the right amount.”
Servings 1 9 x 13 dish
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups oats
- 1½ cups all purpose flour or oat flour or equivalent
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups jam of your choice 12 ounces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Whisk together dry ingredients (not the jam), then mix them into butter mixture. This will resemble a slightly dry cookie dough.
- Press 2/3 of the mixture into a greased 9″ x 13″ pan. Spread jam over the top, then crumble remaining dough over the jam layer.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes, until brown on top. Cool on a rack, cut into bars, and serve.