Apple-Rosemary Jelly is a low-sugar or low-honey cooked jelly made with Pomona’s Universal Pectin. Pomona’s Pectin contains no sugar or preservatives and jells reliably with low amounts of any sweetener.
Servings 5 cups
- Apple-Rosemary Cider/Juice:
- 4 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 4 teaspoons dried rosemary
- Make Apple-Rosemary Jelly with:
- 4 cups strained cider/juice
- 2 teaspoons calcium water see step #1
- 4 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup honey or 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons Pomona’s Pectin powder mix with sweetener
- Before You Begin, prepare calcium water.To do this, combine ½ teaspoon calcium powder (in the small packet in your box of Pomona’s pectin) with ½ cup water in a small, clear jar with a lid. Shake well. Extra calcium water should be stored in the refrigerator for future use.
- Wash jars, lids, and bands. Place jars in canner, fill canner 2/3 full with water, bring to a boil. Turn off heat, cover, and keep jars in hot canner water until ready to use. Place lids in water in a small sauce pan; cover and heat to a low boil. Turn off heat and keep lids in hot water until ready to use.
- Make strained cider: Bring apple cider/juice and rosemary to a boil then turn off heat and steep for 30 minutes. Strain out the rosemary.
- Measure strained cider/juice into sauce pan.
- Add calcium water and apple cider vinegar and stir well.
- Measure sugar or room temperature honey into a bowl. Thoroughly mix pectin powder into sweetener. Set aside.
- Bring fruit mixture to a full boil. Add pectin-sweetener mixture, stirring vigorously for 1 to 2 minutes to dissolve the pectin while the jam comes back up to a boil. Once the jam returns to a full boil, remove it from the heat.
- Fill hot jars to ¼” of top. Wipe rims clean. Screw on 2-piece lids. Put filled jars in boiling water to cover. Boil 10 minutes (add 1 minute more for every 1,000 ft. above sea level). Remove from water. Let jars cool. Check seals; lids should be sucked down. Eat within 1 year. Lasts 3 weeks once opened.