These Jam Muffins are an original recipe shared with us by Renée Joslyn of Freakin' Flamingo Jams in South Miami, Florida.
To make ground oatmeal, measure ½ cup of uncooked oatmeal (old-fashioned or quick oats, but not instant), and grind in a food processor until fine.
Servings 12 standard muffins
- 1 ½ cups flour unbleached
- ½ cup ground oatmeal see note
- ¼ cup flax seed meal
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons generous jam
- 1/4- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs large
- ½ cup canola oil or melted butter
- 1 cup milk any variety you prefer
- 1 tsp vanilla
- miscellaneous fruit to top the muffins optional
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Prepare a muffin tin by lining with paper or silicone liners, or by spraying the compartments well with cooking spray.
- Combine in a bowl the flour, ground oatmeal, flax seed meal, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the jam, sugar, eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and stir together until just combined.
- Divide the batter equally into the prepared pan, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick or wooden skewer inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.