Low-Sweetener Fruit Juice Jello is made with unsweetened fruit juice and Pomona’s Pectin. Pomona's Pectin contains no sugar or preservatives and jells reliably with low amounts of any sweetener. See below for where to buy.
- Apple juice & white grape juice require lemon juice.
- We also have a recipe for Unsweetened Fruit Juice Jello.
Servings 5 cups
- 4 cups unsweetened fruit juice
- 4 teaspoons calcium water see step #1
- ¼ cup lemon juice if required see note
- ½ cup up to 1 cup honey or 3/4 cup up to 2 cups sugar Other dry or liquid sweeteners that measure like sugar or honey can be used in place of sugar or honey.
- 4 teaspoons Pomona's pectin powder mixed with sweetener
- Before you begin, prepare calcium water.To do this, combine ½ teaspoon calcium powder (in the small packet in your box of Pomona’s pectin) with ½ cup water in a small, clear jar with a lid. Shake well.Extra calcium water should be stored in the refrigerator for future use.
- Measure juice into sauce pan.
- Add calcium water and lemon juice (if using) and mix well.
- Measure sugar or room temperature honey into a bowl. Thoroughly mix pectin powder into sweetener. Set aside.
- Bring fruit mixture to a full boil. Add pectin-sweetener mixture, stirring vigorously for 1 to 2 minutes to dissolve the pectin while the mixture comes back up to a boil. Once the mixture returns to a full boil, remove it from the heat.
- Pour hot jello into serving bowl or individual dishes. Let cool down.
- Refrigerate until well jelled.