These Mini Flower Jam Tarts just might be the cutest dessert you'll make all season. Perfect for spring gatherings, Mother's Day or Easter brunch, guests are guaranteed to love these adorable little morsels!
Our favorite pie crust recipe! If you only have 1 or 2 mini muffin pans, bake in batches and be sure to cool them completely before adding the remaining pie crust cutouts for baking. Spacing the pie cutouts in the pan allows for enough room for petals without having to overlap them. Pie crust shells can be made the day ahead. Store them loosely covered at room temperature before filling them the next day. Use an assortment of jams or preserves for fun color and flavor variety.
Servings 16 mini tarts
- 1 pie crust softened store bought or homemade *see note for our favorite homemade
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar plus 1 to 2 teaspoons for dusting
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 4 oz from 8-oz package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 1/3-1/2 cup your favorite Pomona's Pectin jam or preserves stirred well
- Heat oven to 450°F. Remove one crust from pouch. On lightly floured surface, roll crust to 12-inch circle. With 3 1/2- to 4-inch flower-shaped cookie cutter, cut 8 flowers from crust; repeat with remaining crust. Prick each flower a few times with fork to release any air pockets that may arise during baking.
- Carefully place 1 cutout inside each of 16 ungreased mini muffin cups, staggering them every other cup among 3 pans, and firmly pressing them down into bottom. Gently fold petals flat around top of pan. *our cut outs did not touch the bottom of the pan, though yours may depending on the size of your cutout.
- Bake two pans 5 to 7 minutes or until light golden brown, then bake remaining pan. For all pans, cool 5 minutes in pan; gently remove shells from pan to cool on cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Using fine-mesh sieve or shaker, lightly sprinkle petals with the 1 to 2 teaspoons powdered sugar.
- In small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese with electric mixer on low speed 1 to 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally, until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla or almond extract and the 1/2 cup powdered sugar; beat until smooth. Pipe or spoon 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into each shell, carefully smoothing tops. Spoon 1-2 teaspoons of the jam on top of cream cheese layer on each, and carefully spread to cover cream cheese filling. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Share the joy these sweet treats bring!