Frozen Lemon or Lime Pie is a low-honey jelled pie made with Pomona’s Universal Pectin. Pomona’s Pectin contains no sugar or preservatives and jells reliably with low amounts of any sweetener.
Servings 1 9" pie
- ¾ cup fresh lemon or lime juice Meyers Lemons or Key Limes work great too
- ¾ cup honey divided
- 1½ teaspoons Pomona’s Pectin mixed with sweetener
- 1½ cups plain yogurt warmed to 90 -100 degrees F.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 9” crumb crust or pre-baked pie dough crust
- Squeeze fresh juice, measure, and put into sauce pan.
- Measure ¾ cup of honey into a measuring cup. Remove 3 Tablespoons of the measured honey into a small bowl. Thoroughly mix pectin powder into the 3 Tablespoons of honey. Set honey and honey-pectin mixture aside.
- Measure yogurt into a medium bowl and warm to 90 – 100 degrees F.
- Bring juice in sauce pan to a boil. Add pectin-honey mixture, stirring vigorously for 1 minute to dissolve the pectin while the mixture comes back up to a boil.
- Stir in remaining honey and remove from heat. Add juice mixture to warmed yogurt and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate in shallow pan until semi-firm (about ½ hour).
- While juice mixture is chilling, whip the cream and vanilla together to stiff peaks. When juice mixture is semi-firm, gently fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into crumb crust or pre-baked pie dough crust. Cover and freeze until firm or frozen.